Marxism
[All Periods] [All Lists]

Re: [Marxism] Pat Robertson calls for the assassination of Hugo Chavez

To: Activists and scholars in Marxist tradition <marxism@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Marxism] Pat Robertson calls for the assassination of Hugo Chavez
From: Louis Proyect <lnp3@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 11:12:33 -0400
Delivery-date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 09:12:45 -0600

I would also like to remind the Godena bashers on the list that he
happens to be someone with some influence on his job site. I would hope
that we might seek to change his thinking, rather than simply try to
drive him off the list every time we have a disagreement.

Jon Flanders

I went back through the archives trying to figure out why things got so
nasty so fast. I am quite sure that when Louis threw this in--"I don't know
where Joaquin works, but this is National Enquirer stuff"--it was not
helpful. This didn't add anything of substance to his post, but merely
served as a way of needling Joaquin. My strong suggestion to Louis is to
lay off this kind of thing. His politics are heterodox enough to get people
on edge without throwing in this kind of taunt.

--

www.marxmail.org